2016 Vermont’s Greenest Building Awards Competition
We’re no longer accepting applications to the 2016 Vermont’s Greenest Building Awards Competition. Please stay tuned for the 2017 Vermont’s Greenest Building Awards Competition – to be announced in fall 2017!
The Vermont’s Greenest Building Awards raise awareness of the environmental, economic, community and health benefits of green design, construction, and building practices. The Vermont’s Greenest Building Awards use proven building energy performance as a key metric of green building, further stimulating the adoption of ecologically responsible building practices in Vermont. This statewide competition recognizes residential and commercial buildings that meet the highest standard of demonstrated energy performance.
2016 Application materials:
- Awards Brief
- Project Entry Form
- 2016 EUI Calculations
- Resource: Thermal Conversions in Target Finder
Submissions must be from a participant involved in the design, construction or ownership/operation of the project, and must submit all application materials by 5:00pm EST on Friday, March 10, 2017.
Net Zero Recognition only submissions may be submitted by email to Jenna Antonino DiMare at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct any questions regarding the awards competition to Jenna Antonino DiMare at email@example.com. All questions need to be submitted via email by Friday, March 1 at 5:00pm EST.
Award winners will be announced at the Vermont Green Building Gala (VGBN Annual Meeting) on Thursday, March 30, 2017 at Main Street Landing in Burlington. Winning projects will be showcased as inspiration, model green buildings in Vermont.
- Vermont’s Greenest Building: The lowest demonstrated energy use intensity in Vermont! (both non-residential and residential)
- Vermont’s Greener Building: Projects demonstrating energy use intensity below 22 kbtu/sf/yr for non-residential and 15 kbtu/sf/yr for residential
- Going Green: Projects with energy use intensity’s below 43 kbtu/sf/yr for non-residential and 25 kbtu/sf/yr for residential
- People’s Choice Award: Selected by attendees of the Annual Vermont’s Greenest Building Awards Gala
- RESIDENTIAL: Projects must be located in Vermont, less than 5,000 sf and have at least one year of utility usage data @ 25 kbtu/sf/yr or less.
- NON-RESIDENTIAL/COMMERCIAL: Project must be located in Vermont and have at least one year of utility usage data @ 43 kbtu/sf/yr or less. Any commercial project can submit.